In October 2022, the conference series of the German-Baltic Youth Office will enter its next round! At the conference in Riga, the current Youth Ambassadors will have the opportunity to discuss about European future questions and communicate their ideas to today’s EU decision-makers.
For this big event, in which the exchange and the coming together of young people is in the fore, we are looking for four head of cluster, who can lead intensive discussions confidently.
The conferences target group are young Europeans aged 16 to 30 years from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Germany, who, together with experts, will deal with four questions of the future.
In the months before, approaches to solutions will be developed which do not convey national interests but adopt a common European perspective and take into account the specific range of experience gained by the Baltic states.
We are looking for one head of cluster for each of our four clusters. Please communicate your preference within your application.
Cluster A: Sustainability and nutrition
Cluster B: Sustainability and the digital world
Cluster C: Sustainability and nature
Cluster D: Sustainability and democracy
• Selection of 5 to 6 youth ambassadors
• Finding experts for your cluster
• Leading and organization of various workshops between May and September 2022
• Participation in the planning of the conference as a part of the DBJW team
• Leading the discussion of the respective cluster at the conference
• Elaboration of a position paper (in English) with the cluster members, which has to be developed by the participants of the workshops
• Pleasure and experience in presenting and discussion-management
• You are between 16 and 30 years old and citizen of an EU member state
• Your German and English skills allow free speech and you are able to communicate complicated issues (each approx. C1)
• You are able to work independently and are already familiar with the process of conferences
If you have only learned about our conferences now and have thus missed the exciting and inspiring lectures and discussions in the past, please get information at our website dbjw.de, as well as at gbyen.eu
Become part of our team of over 20 team members who are based in Tartu, Tallinn, Riga, Vilnius, Bremen, Berlin and many other places and are actively represented in the Baltic states with three regional offices!
We are looking forward to your application with a short CV and a motivation letter of max. one page.
The work as head of cluster is limited until December 31, 2022. It is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office. The basis for this is a resolution of the Bundestag. The contract can only be concluded once the financing has been approved. Remunaration is intended to be based on a fee with an expeted workload of 16 days à 100 €. Participation fee for the conference is 80 €. Travel (up to 300 €), catering and accomodation costs are borne by the organizer.
Please send your application to Maximilian Wende:
Deadline is March 25, 2022.
Sincerely, your DBJW team